Telephone: (803) 896-4588 Theresa Richardson Matteah Taylor Mary League
Advice Counsel to the Board
providing legal advice to all Boards, Commissions
and Panels, as well as their administrative staff.
These attorneys do not provide legal advice to
parties outside LLR.
Telephone: (803) 896-4588
Read Instructions Carefully Before Completing Application
All documents must be originals
The examinees are not allowed to have interpreters during examination.
(1) Complete the entire application. Include a copy of two forms of identification with one being a photographic ID. The application must be notarized.
(2) You will be required to take and pass the written and practical Nail Technologist/esthetician examination prior to being issued a license to work in South Carolina. No temporary work permits are issued.
(3) Verification of licensure must be submitted to this Board by your State Board and/or an original certified transcript of school hours earned. (Nail Technologist 300 school hours/Esthetician 450 school hours)
(4) Applicants must obtain a negative 5TU-PPD Tuberculin Skin Test and/or a Chest X-Ray taken within a year. The health certificate on the application form must be completed. Please note the signature of the health official can be a medical doctor or authorized medical staff.
(5) You must have proof of 10th grade or greater education. Foreign applicants educated outside the United States must provide proof from a credentialing service and MUST use one of the credentialing services listed below:
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (414) 289-3400
International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715
Please mail your completed application along one check (personal or certified check) or money order should be made payable to the Board of Cosmetology for $60 (initial application/license fee and written exam fee) phone (803) 896-4588 FAX (803) 896-4484.
Board of Cosmetology
P.O. Box 11329
Columbia, S.C. 29211-1329
If you wish to take the computerize examination please contact lasergrade, after your application is received and approved by this office. Phone 1-800-211-2754.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR TESTING FOR LICENSING UNTIL THE ENTIRE PACKET IS COMPLETE. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL OF YOUR EXAMINATION DATE. ANY INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR TESTING AND WILL BE RETURNED BY MAIL. APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE