Telephone: (803) 896-4800 Molly Price Theresa Garner Hardwick Stuart
Fax: (803) 896-4424
Advice Counsel to the Board
providing legal advice to all Boards, Commissions
and Panels, as well as their administrative staff.
These attorneys do not provide legal advice to
parties outside LLR.
Telephone: (803) 896-4800
Listed below are the instructions for applying for reciprocal registration as a forester. The application and other necessary forms can found on this website under Applications and Forms
To be eligible for registration as a South Carolina Forester, the applicant must be currently registered in a reciprocal licensing state as a forester. When submitting an application to the Board Office, the requirements are as follows:
(1) Complete the “Application for Registration as a Forester by Reciprocity” in its entirety. Application must include notarized signature. Incomplete applications will be returned unprocessed.
(2) Check or Money Order only in the amount of $70 ($40 two-year registration fee and $30 application fee) made payable to SC Board of Board of Registration for Foresters. Fee is non-refundable. NO CASH IS ACCEPTED. Fees are prorated for applications received after April 1st of the year prior to renewal (2016, 2018, 2020, etc). Prorated fee is $20.
(3) Copy of your valid Driver’s License, State Issued photo ID or Passport
(4) Copy of your Social Security card.
(5) Criminal history background check from the State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) www.sled.state.sc.us. Non-residents must submit a criminal history background check from the applicant’s resident state (State Law Enforcement Agency or equivalent).
(6) Escrow/Trust Account Certification Affidavit (Applicable only to foresters who hold monies belonging to others).
(7) Official College/University Transcripts - Transcripts must bear the seal of the institution and the signature of the Registrar.
(8) Verification of Licensure form(s)
(9) Employment Verification form(s)
(10) Five (5) Professional/Personal Reference forms, at least three of whom must be registered foresters with personal or professional knowledge of your forestry experience.
Mail the required materials to:
South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
Board of Registration for Foresters
Post Office Box 11329
Columbia, South Carolina 29211-1329
YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR LICENSURE UNTIL THE APPLICATION PACKET IS COMPLETED IN ITS ENTIRETY.