South Carolina Board of Registration for Foresters
Any person licensed to practice forestry by any other state or country whose requirements are determined by the Board to be commensurate with the requirements of this state and upon satisfactory review of the applicant's record in the state or country of licensure may upon payment of a fee set by the Board be registered to practice forestry in this state. Applicants must submit application on forms prescribed and furnished by the Board.
General Licensing Requirements:
- Graduate from a four-year curriculum in forestry in a department, school or college approved by the board;
- Have record of at least two additional years of experience in forestry satisfactory to the board;
- Successfully pass a written examination.
- Have record of at least six years of practice in forestry satisfactory to the board;
- Successfully pass a written examination designed to show knowledge and skill equal to what would have been obtained through graduation from an approved four-year curriculum in forestry.
The states sharing reciprocity with South Carolina are:
For questions or clarifications, please contact Lenora Addison-Miles, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (803) 896-4800.