South Carolina Board of Registration for Foresters
When to Renew a License
Licenses are renewed biennially (every two years). Renewal information is mailed to each licensee at least one month prior to the June 30 expiration date. However, it is the licensees’ responsibility to ensure registration is renewed. The biennial renewal fee is $130. After June 30 the renewal fee is $180. Licensees have the ability to renew online using a credit card.
Licenses expire biennially on June 30 (odd years). However, licensees may renew until September 30. A $50 late charge will be added for all renewals from July 1 through September 30. After September 30, the registration lapses and the licensee must apply for reinstatement.
How to Apply for Reinstatement
Licensees who allow their registrations to lapse must apply for reinstatement. Reinstatement applications must be reviewed and approved by the full Board. To apply for reinstatement, registrants must submit the following:
- Updated Application for Registration as a Professional Forester
- Updated Employment Verification form
- Notarized statement indicating if the licensee has, or has not (whichever is applicable) practiced forestry in South Carolina since the license lapsed
- Proof of 20 CFE hours (attendance documents)
- Past renewal fee(s), late fee(s) and $100 reinstatement fee
Registrations that have lapsed for 11 or more years require a new application and completion of the examination.